Turning education into fun with real fire equipment and a fire truck!
Fireman Tim delivers the early childhood fire education package in a fun and memorable way with a mix of auditory, tactile and visual styles. Our fire education has been developed in line with the current Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
The package is ideal for children aged between 3 and 6 years and includes the following:
- emergency services education raising awareness about the different emergency services
- fire education delivered with a mix of auditory, tactile and visual styles
- fire themed games encouraging collaboration and team work
- using firefighting equipment to spray water and improve coordination and gross motor skills
- an experience in a real 1960’s fire truck including dragging out the fire hose. The package has two options, children can either climb into the back cabin whilst stationary or enjoy a ride around the block.
What we will bring:
- a real fire truck and fire fighting equipment to discuss, touch and use
- firefighter uniforms for each child to wear during the session
- colouring in sheets with fire safety messages for fun following our session
- helmets and firefighter certificates, for purchase, for an additional fee of $4 per child for both.
We know your children will not stop talking about their fire education session with Fireman Tim and their experience with Henry the Fire Truck or their ride in Austin the Fire Truck.
EYLF in action
Our package links to the following Early Years Learning Framework Outcomes
OUTCOME 1: Children have a strong sense of identity – they will engage in and contribute to individual and collaborative learning.
OUTCOME 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world – they will recognise their role and the role of others within society during an emergency.
OUTCOME 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing – they will learn about health and safety for themselves and others and using specialised fire equipment, they will improve their thinking and gross motor skills.
OUTCOME 4: Children are confident and involved learners – our program encourages learning through cooperation and imagination. It involves listening, touching and doing with a balance of individual and group activities.
Our qualifications and experience…
Fireman Tim has 25 years experience as a firefighter including 12 years as a trainer. He holds a Certificate VI in Training and Assessment and Working with Children accreditation.
Little Chiefs Fire Service own two fire trucks Henry and Austin. We are accredited with Transport NSW enabling Austin to provide rides as a passenger vehicle.
Enquire now for your next early learning childcare fire education session